Seller: Casa Delfino Hotel And Spa Product: Casa Delfino Hotel And Spa Room Clear all filters (0 of 1 reviews match)
filters
Product:

Casa Delfino Hotel And Spa - Bad review of Hotel Casa Delfino, Chania

2.6

Update by user May 13, 2017

Casa Delfino's breakfasts are not suitable for people who are on a Paleo diet.

Update by user May 12, 2017

I wrote in detail about my experiences here: http://casadelfino-chania.com/

Original review posted by user May 12, 2017

I booked a three-week stay in Hotel Casa Delfino in Chania, Crete. I had read excellent reviews about how quiet it was. Since they present themselves as a high-end hotel, I trusted that they would have working WiFi and I assumed that the reviews about how quiet Casa Delfino was were correct. The Wifi signal, however, did not work nearly at all in my originally assigned room, room 11, and there was an incessant, loud electrical noise as well that was of such a low frequency that ear plugs did not help. I was able to locate the source of the sound: It came from behind the electrical mains box. However, turning off the mains switch did not solve the problem. Some days later, when it was clear that I would neither be able to sleep nor be able to work online, I embarrassingly asked for a staff member to try and solve the problem. They were unable to, so they gave me another room, room 18. Room 18 was adjacent to a busy street but fortunately, because it was only March yet, around midnight, there were nearly no loud pedestrians anymore next to my door and window. I was sternly warned to always have the door and windows to the outside closed and locked because they looked out directly upon an alleyway and theft from that room was common. In the tourist season, the rooms adjacent to the street will suffer noise until 04:00, and at that time the guests who need to catch their dawn flights out are checking out - in the noisiest way imaginable. I soon discovered that also room 18 did not have any reasonably functioning WiFi signal. When I placed my laptop directly behind the door I had a reasonable signal but on the bed or the desk - no connection.

I would take what Frank De Groot, "Freelance Web Developer" says with a grain of salt. He is the developer for OwnDoc.com and he is known for defaming the character of his customers when they request refunds, voice complaints about the company, or say something he does not like.

Check out his defamation of character and libel under the "fraud" page at www.owndoc.com. The guy is a fraud and in my opinion, a complete and utter mental case.

He is energized by his own negativity and appears to need to knock others down to feel better about his own obvious shortcomings. He is NOT credible.

Daulton

I wrote a reveiw about my experiences with Casa Delfino here: http://casadelfino-chania.com/

View more comments (1)
Review
Product
Casa Delfino Hotel And Spa Room
Pros
  • Have a good location
Cons
  • Very noisy between four and five at night
  • No wifi in the rooms
Reason of review